ergo system

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
lightmail

ergo system

Post by lightmail »

Since I must stay in bed 23 hours a day does anyone have an thought on weather these hospital type beds that with a push of a switch can pull legs up and also upper body a little. I am now on back on fairly firm twin bed. concerned about weight of my pelvis on nerve. ergo is made by temperpedic . made of memory foam, and gives a little . I think it would take a little weight off butt . What do guys think? Thanks ...Robert P.S I do go on side from time to time..
Lernica

Re: ergo system

Post by Lernica »

Lightmail,

Please remind me why you are in bed 23/7. In general that's not a healthy lifestyle. Thanks.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

because i sat on a new lazy boy for 4 days 10 hours per. thought i was ok because i was laying all the way back on it, hence not really sitting. Had No problem with my old lazy boy. After that i could not stand for more than 10 minutes with out feeling miserable. I have other health issues that keep me from more active life style. But at least i could walk for a while. ..Robert
calluna

Post by calluna »

I'm a bit worried about this. You are going to have to be really careful here, or else you'll end up with other issues as well, pressure sores being the least of them. And you are going to be getting weaker very quickly if you stay in bed, unless you are exercising of course. Are you under medical supervision here? - have you been advised by your doctor to stay in bed all the time?
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

Not under dr. care. I will try to Make effort to get up and move around. I just cannot stand for long . .Computer problem is the reason i did not respond earlier. Thanks ....Robert
calluna

Post by calluna »

Please do call your doctor as well, Robert. She needs to be aware of your situation.
hauben6

Post by hauben6 »

Sorry for the delay in my response, but felt compelled to check in with Robert to see how he is doing. Just 2 yrs ago, I was a health addic, drank smoothies, ate raw foods, and walked four miles a day at lunch and when I was injured at work this lifestyle ended. I spent 23 hours a day on the livingroom floor or in bed because the pain was so bad. I rode the "we really don't know whats wrong with you, but get injections do PT, here's more drugs...and oh yeah, I'll see you in 4 weeks" until my body went to mush. Mentally, emotionally I got to a point where I didn't want to go on; I would have never thought in a milliion years that would happen to me, but it did.

8 months ago, I did my own research (on this very site) to see if PN was what I was suffering from, and it was. In the last 3 months, I have made it a point that no matter how hard it might seem, I get out with the dog, take short walks, call a friend to walk, as long as I am moving. My lungs feel like they want to jump out of my body and yell at me, but it's all part of reconditioning body; it doesn't feel like its going as fast as I like it to (and I have other issues as well), but for me, I don't want to be in that same state of mind as I was not to long ago.

My thoughts and prayers are with you...now get out of that bed (if you haven't already)!!! The members of this site are here for you.
lightmail

Post by lightmail »

Thank you Hauben6. My problem is one painful rectum ,feels like the worse case of burning hemroids.. Can't stand or walk very far. It's so miserable..I try to stay up and around for an hour or so . Thank you for your concern.....Robert

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”