Groin strain/labral tear?

Many physical activites such as sports, pelvic surgery, etc can all contribute to PN
susibee

Groin strain/labral tear?

Post by susibee »

I will come back to the forum another day to do a search on these topics. I always forget to mention this part of my story: my pudendal neuralgia started while I had a left groin strain. I never figured out how the groin strain happened, but it started suddenly -- one day last fall I had pain in my groin. And shortly afterward is when the pudendal neuralgia started.

I know the groin muscles (the adductors) attach to the pelvis in the viscinity of the pudendal nerve as it exits the canal and becomes the dorsal branch. So, I think it's possible it's related. The groin strain resolved itself after several months, but I still seemingly randomly get a small amount of groin pain from time to time.

And then I wonder if the groin pain could be from a labral tear... maybe the MRI will tell me.
Vulvodynia diagnosed '01; symptom was occassional vulvar itching/rawness after sex.
Autumn '10, localized clitoral and left labial burning after sex
March '11, new left buttock pain, worsened clitoral/left labial pain/burning.
May '11, increased sitting pain.
Summer '11, pain decreased/plateaued to 0-4/5.
Treatment: 75 mg nortriptyline nightly, definitely helps; PT x 4, didn't really help.
Consults with Hibner and Dellon, left me with questions.
Next step: MRI in NYC or VT.
Faith

Re: Groin strain/labral tear?

Post by Faith »

Do you think you could have sacroiliac joint dysfunction? Groin pain is a common symptom of it. I've also been told sometimes (more rarely) women have vulvodynia with SIJD.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com
susibee

Re: Groin strain/labral tear?

Post by susibee »

I don't know, Faith. I don't know that much about SIJD. Another thing to read about!

OK -- after a quick search online, I don't think I have SIJD. My groin strain was really a muscle strain in my inner thigh, sore to touch and massage the adductors, pain with using the adductors, etc.
Vulvodynia diagnosed '01; symptom was occassional vulvar itching/rawness after sex.
Autumn '10, localized clitoral and left labial burning after sex
March '11, new left buttock pain, worsened clitoral/left labial pain/burning.
May '11, increased sitting pain.
Summer '11, pain decreased/plateaued to 0-4/5.
Treatment: 75 mg nortriptyline nightly, definitely helps; PT x 4, didn't really help.
Consults with Hibner and Dellon, left me with questions.
Next step: MRI in NYC or VT.

Return to “CAUSES & EFFECTS OF PUDENDAL NEURALGIA”