memory foam bed topper

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
kat

memory foam bed topper

Post by kat »

I'm a year on 3 months out from surgery and bought a 2 inch memory foam top for my bed. I wish I could send one to all of you. It doesn't help with the exact nerve pain, but it helps so much with the rest of the body that is sore from being on bedrest for so much of the day. Don't get me wrong, it wouldn't have helped back when the pain was a 10 daily, but now that the pain is an 8 it is sooting to my heals and elbows and other pieces that are so tired of being layed on.

Just a thought

Loves

Kat
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
Karyn

Re: memory foam bed topper

Post by Karyn »

Hi Kat,
I actually have a "Bob-O-Pedic" memory foam bed and just LOVE it!
Ultra Sound in 03/08 showed severely retroverted, detaching uterus with mulitple fibroids and ovarian cysts.
Pressure and pain in lower abdomen and groin area was unspeakable and devastating.
Total lap hysterectomy in 06/08, but damage was already done.
EMG testing in NH in 04/10 - bilateral PN and Ilioinguals
3T MRI at HSS, NY in 09/10
Bilateral TG surgery with Dr. Conway on 03/29/11. Bilat ilioinguinal & iliohypogastric neurectomy 03/12. TCD surgery 04/14.
madjugar

Post by madjugar »

YES YES !! for Memory Foam toppers (no I don't own stock in the companies, I promise!!). I have a topper on my bed, plus have a topper I take camping. I am going to experiment with cutting a half twin bed size topper to take with me when I travel... trying to figure out the minimum size to carry in a backpack that will give me relief. I agree, does not really stop the pain.. but somehow cradles the body weight distribution and makes a huge difference for me. They are terribly expensive for my budget, but I have found worth it. Anyone know a good outlet? Also beware, it looks like there are lots of products out there that mimic for cheaper, but do not have the same relief, the density in the foam seems to be the ingredient ..
kat

Post by kat »

Agreed. There are many cheaper immitations, but they don't work. They are very expensive, but if you add up the cost of not sleeping and chronic pain from spending too much time laying down it is worth the cost as you said.

I love the 'travel' size idea. You should market that.

Kat
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”