ins. changed

Discuss here about Medical Disability claims and Insurance possibilities for PN treatment options
kat

ins. changed

Post by kat »

Have any of you heard of a 'grace period' when ins. changes to get meds covered?
My ins. changed on the 1st and i paid 300 bucks for my meds on the 7th. I am appealing, but my disability check isn't large enough to cover that cost.
Do any of you know if there is anything I can do to fight this?

Also, Lyrica gives $25 coupons, but they only work after ins. sais they will cover the Lyrica. Do any of you know any tricks to get meds covered?

Love to you all.

Kat
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
carolynm

Re: ins. changed

Post by carolynm »

Was it group insurance or did you pay premiums for self-coverage?
PN after using pickaxe doing yardwork 6/11
Potter MRI: Scar tissue abutting L pudendal.
Hibner consult 10/11 w/ plan: 2 mo. PT
No meds work for me
PRF X 3 times in Denver ( was pain free for 5 months after second)
elija

Post by elija »

You can always call your medical insurance company and ask to file an appeal. To do this, find the phone number on the back of your insurance ID card. Then, give it a call. The operator will be able to direct you to the appropriate department and they'll be able to give you exact instructions. Good luck!
Last edited by elija on Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RachelJ

Post by RachelJ »

I'm guessing the original poster is talking about group insurance. If the insurance is with a different company then there isn't much you can do. If it's with the same company but a different type of policy, then you may be able to talk with them. Usually when a plan changes, you start over with a new year and new deductibles.
Rachel - diagnosed in 2010 possibly as a result of labor, looking for short term medical insurance Texas that will cover me

Return to “INSURANCE & DISABILITY ISSUES”