PNE pain returns after 5 yrs of surgery

List of Physiotherapists Worldwide; Techniques & Education to educate Physio's who are not PN aware, etc
Mahzi

PNE pain returns after 5 yrs of surgery

Post by Mahzi »

Hi my name is mahzi and I live in INDIA. I had decompression surgery done in france by Dr. Eric Bautrant in Aug 2006. My surgery was a success but since the past one month my pain is returning and my Neurologist has put me on Lyrica 75mg twicw daily. I am looking for a physiotherapist who can help me with this pain as in Kolkata (India) no physiotherapist knows how to deal with PNE problems except for suggesting Tens. Can anyone suggest some exercise to help me my PNE is on the left side and i do have lower back scolosis on the left side but the doctors say thar scolosis cannot cause PNE. I read a mail by a physiotherapist named Shilpa who has written that she lives in India and would like to help PNE sufferers like me. Please mail me back with some suggestions like even simple exercises that can help me.
paulette

Re: PNE pain returns after 5 yrs of surgery

Post by paulette »

Mahzi,
Dry needling may be helpful. My PT did if it before surgery. I assume it would help after surgery as well. It causes muscles to relax. Acupuncture might have a similar effect, although I found the dry needling had more results. Deep tissue massage might help if you can't get the dry needling. Do you think you are entrapped again?

Return to “PHYSIOTHERAPY”