Withdrawal or gastrointestinal?

Discuss different Pain Management Options; Medication options including side effects and Worldwide variances in names etc.
Lernica

Re: Withdrawal or gastrointestinal?

Post by Lernica »

Saw my pain doc yesterday and the mystery of my gastro distress is solved. Targin has an anti-constipation med in it called Naxolene. But it can also cause diarrhea. Since cutting my Targin by half, my upset tummy has gone away. I'm making up the difference with straight oxycodone instead of Targin.

I knew it was the Targin, but not for the reason I suspected! I'm glad it wasn't withdrawal so that I can continue to take the oxycodone without fear of withdrawal (for now).
Last edited by Lernica on Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Thank goodness Lernica. Glad you got that sorted :)
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Gusselsprouts

Post by Gusselsprouts »

I'm glad you're feeling better, Lernica, and that the mystery is solved!

Best wishes,
Lois

Return to “PAIN MANAGEMENT & MEDICATIONS”