vestibulodynia and burning urination

Welcome to HOPE. We have tried to provide a place for newcomers to make their introductions. We will try our best to make you welcome and guide you through our website and Forum and assist you as best as we can through any questions you have regarding Pudendal Neuralgia.
paininbutt

vestibulodynia and burning urination

Post by paininbutt »

I was diagnosed with IC by cysto with hydro and my primary issues are burning urination and vestibule pain ( lower part of vestibule). Does anyone know if vestibule pain is a symptom of PN and also burning urination and if so what branch of the pudendal nerve would be effected??
paininbutt

Re: vestibulodynia and burning urination

Post by paininbutt »

Oh I forgot to add, if I sit too long I do get burning butt cheeks and I have very bad lower back pain. Do these symptoms with vestibulitis and burning urination sound like any particular branch of the PN????
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Sorry I have no personal history of IC so don't know the differences in any symptoms. However burning is a typical nerve pain related symptom and pain sitting is often related to PN, however the problem could be related to your back, have you had an MRI scan? if so, does it show any nerve compression ?
Take a look at the home pages and symptoms for PN, that may help clarify things. I know that there are others here who do suffer from IC, they may be able to help make sense of your symptoms too.
How long have you suffered with IC? and have any treatments worked for you so far?
Take care
Helen
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
paininbutt

Post by paininbutt »

Thank you Helen,

I had an mri done with Dr Potter in NYC it states
varices extending into the anteriorinferior margin of Alcocks Canal, but when my doctor did the exam he said the most painful part for me with near the SS ligament, are these at all close?? I need an anatomy lesson I guess:(
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

I think the SS ligament is closer to the posterior/superior portion of alcock's but the canal is fairly short. If the main trunk of the nerve is affected at the SS ligament it could cause pain in any or all of the branches including the areas you are describing.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.

Return to “WELCOME CENTER”