Has Anyone Tried Inversion Tables?

Accupuncture, Reiki, Cognitive Behavourial Therapy, Prolotheraphy, Radio Frequency, Hypnotherapy, Osteopathy and many more.
Shon

Has Anyone Tried Inversion Tables?

Post by Shon »

Hello Everyone,
I'm looking for any feedback regarding Inversion Tables? These tables recline backwards to the point that you are upside down and hanging from your feet. I believe that it realigns the body.
Thanks!
I wish you well,
Shon
helenlegs 11

Re: Has Anyone Tried Inversion Tables?

Post by helenlegs 11 »

It depends on what you are trying to achieve Shon. I have tried one some good while ago, (managed to borrow one) when I was suffering from lumbar spine problems (S1/L5 rupture) It made sense to me that taking pressure off the area would help and maybe even magically cause everything to slip back into place. It didn't work and I gave it a really good try.
I'm not sure about pelvic pain though as things aren't just stacked on top of each other (spine like) It may help relieve any downward pressure feeling but only temporarily. I wouldn't invest in one unless you can give it a trial first, Oh, and you do end up with sore ankles (again only temporarily) and a rather red face :)
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Shon

Post by Shon »

Thanks, Helen:
I have a friend who has one, so I think I'll give it a try at his house. My pelvis is lower on the side of the compressed nerve and rotated to the rear. It is my hope that it might aid in realigning me.
Thanks!
I wish you well,
Shon
kat

Post by kat »

My hips are still too unstable from surgery to use mine. I loved it years ago, but it only worked while I was on it and the pain came back as soon as I stood up again.
Make sure your spine and bones are in alignment if you want to try one. Most back stores will let you try them out where I live to see if you like it.

Good luck
Born with pudendal and obtorator neuralgia. 32 years of being misdiagnosed.
Surgery with Conway 7/14/10. Internal burning cured!
Currently in PT for many pelvic floor issues due to having PN for so long.
kathyd

Post by kathyd »

Im replying to this a year later,
but wondered if these tables have anyone and if so what specific problems did they help with..
My spine and pelvis are somewhat out of line (deviated cozzyx etc) and I have poor posture lifelong.. My docs suggest that a few falls Ive had in various decades of my life,
all that I that I walked away with from without being hurt
(other than minor brusing after one fall at age 18)...... all contributed to causing the severe bladder issues which started at age 49 and later proceeded to PN (sitting pain and now standing pain and inablity to sit at all a few years later) .... This is a guess, but probably correct...

MY hubby loves his inversion table. He has minor back problems and he feels wonderful after he gets off the tablle ...It lines everything up for him.
He feels that hanging upside down would help any of the nerve compression,spinal compression whatever it is that is causing my pain.. When I tried the table it felt weird on my neck (as if all my weight was on it.) It felt unnatural to me...Hubbys answer is that I am too tense..
I have had neck problems over the past couple years as well so I am scared to hurt it more.. Docs have no advice regarding the table.

Any thoughts or good experience with it?
Thx!
HerMajesty

Post by HerMajesty »

Having had a complex pattern of pelvic joint dysfunction myself, undergone Manual Therapy correction, and then gone to work for my Manual Therapist's practice for awhile - I would have to say the vast majority of patterns of pelvic rotation are WAY too complex to be sorted out by an inversion table. I'm not too familiar with them, but it would seem logical that they could help relieve the symptoms of compression in the spine. I have never known them to be of any value in realigning the pelvis. That involves identifying the pattern of dysfunction and applying specific directional forces to counteract that pattern. Think logically...the facets of the spine are in a straight line, and when you are hanging upside down the spaces in between the facets run horizontal, and should gap. In the same position, the spaces in between the pelvic bones, such as the sacroiliac joints, run vertically and would have no reason to gap. I can visualize that there might be some useful distraction (pulling apart) at the hip, where the femur meets the pelvis, but not sure.
Kathyd the tension in your neck is probably not voluntary, as in "you are uptight and need to relax": When your pelvis is twisted sideways you don't start to walk diagonally, instead you compensate by twisting in the opposite direction further up. So the neck tension you feel is probably a turned facet in the cervical area, in compensation for misalignment of the pelvis.
pelvic pain started 1985 age 14 interstitial cystitis. Refused medical care from age 17, did GREAT with self care for years.
2004 PN started gradually, disabled by 2009. Underlying cause SIJD & Tarlov cysts
improved with PT & meds: neurontin, valium, nortriptyline, propanolol. (off nortriptyline & propanolol now, yay!)
Tarlov cyst surgery with Dr. Frank Feigenbaum March 20, 2012.
Results have been excellent so far; but I won't know my final functional level for a couple of years.
Nothareabror1969

Post by Nothareabror1969 »

Shon wrote:Hello Everyone,
I'm looking for any feedback regarding inversion table reviews 2017 ? These tables recline backwards to the point that you are upside down and hanging from your feet. I believe that it realigns the body.
Thanks!
I wish you well,
Shon
Hey Shon, Inversion table exercise is a great exercise if you are feeling back pain and you have no option left other than kind of operation or so.

Return to “OTHER THERAPIES”