Disability Living Allowance

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
Violet M

Re: Disability Living Allowance

Post by Violet M »

Yes, I've noticed you are a very up-beat person Helen and I admire that. ;) Good luck!
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Best of luck Helen

The DLA system in the UK is very tough, just stay cool and calm and try to be as comfy as possible during your interview.
Being prepared in advance I believe is the best tactic!!!!
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Thank you ladies, :) . I will take your well wishes with me on the (glorious) 4th.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

I know I said that I was looking forward to my DLA tribunal but I felt sick at the thought of it this morning. I am still reeling now. . . . Because, I WON !!!!
The tribunal panel, a judge, a doctor and a social/care worker could not have been more pleasant and quite understanding.
It is a shame that it has taken this long but my appeal has been back dated a year, to the date that I initially applied. I can pay the mortgage :)
Anyone else thinking of applying for ESA or DLA should be aware of http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/home Like all good forums ;) their help has been invaluable. Go for it Calluna!
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Kath

Post by Kath »

Helen,

That is fantastic news, I am so pleased for you. What a long journey but worth it in the end.

Kath
calluna

Post by calluna »

That is brilliant, helen! I am so pleased for you! And back dated as well, just as it should be.

I won't be reapplying, though. I don't think that it can be appropriate, as I am getting some pain relief now. This benefit is about how we manage. And I am managing. So DLA is not for me. I am pretty sure that's right.
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

Congrats Helen

Well done this award is not easily got so well done to you for your efforts.....!!!!
Its hard to get through these interviews as they can be intimidating.....Im sure you are more than happy tonight.

Best wishes

Amanda
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “UK & IRELAND”