Need to lose 30lb

Here is a place for social chats with special attention to support and non medical discussions. We need a place to chill out, where we can distract from our pain and enjoy lighter moments, share a joke or funny moment with others.
calluna

Re: Need to lose 30lb

Post by calluna »

I am doing quite well with regard to exercise - Lyrica at 150mg is really making a difference to the pain levels, nothing else has ever helped like this - I can hardly believe it! Today we walked with the dog for more than an hour, I think probably about 4 miles in all as we are not in any hurry. Our target for walking is to be able to walk along the towpath to the next village - we plan to stop at the pub, have a drink and maybe some lunch, then turn around and come back again. So far, we can manage half of that. I was a bit uncomfortable as we were on the last stretch, but a bit of a rest and the pain passed off. I still can't believe it!

I doubt that I am losing any weight, I have lost my appetite again (diverticular playing up again) but I seem to be gaining fluid day by day. My fingers have gone all fat and so have my feet. I suppose it is the lyrica, but I am so happy to be getting some real relief from this pain, that at the moment I just don't care. This may change if I reach the point where my shoes don't fit..... :roll:
calluna

Post by calluna »

I see that you are all losing weight - :D - you are all doing so well!

I am gaining. :evil: I am now 3lb up from where I started. I know it is fluid retention, but really it is discouraging. What's the answer?
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Not sure Calluna, I used to suffer with my period, and looked (and felt) like a balloon for a week every month but obviously it went away again. I did get some over the counter tablets once but didn't really stick with taking them. Would a sauna or steam room help?
I was a bit of a disgrace last week and hope to get another 4 lbs off over the next couple of weeks at least to reach a milestone actually 5lbs would take me just under that weight which would make me happy, happy, happy.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
calluna

Post by calluna »

I think you are doing really well. You've lost - what - six pounds now? That is brilliant! Not a disgrace at all - you've held that weight. It is better to lose slowly rather than quickly, it is more likely to stay off, isn't it.

I want to get back to my starting point. :evil: And then I want to get out of the 12's if you know what I mean. I'd be incredibly happy if I could manage that! Right now I am heading back towards the 13's. I think I need to go and pick dandelion leaves and make a salad. :lol:
missyrg

Post by missyrg »

I went out of town for 4 days and did not over eat but gained 8 lbs according to my scale. I just screamed I give up. I need to lose weight but not sure what to do any more since weight watchers is not working. It maybe fluid, I hope. Missy
Congrats to everyone else walking and eating well and losing those lbs. :D
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Tracy, You are doing magnificently!! Well done!

June 4, 2011 0 lbs
June 11, 2011 -4 lbs yippee!!!
June 18, 2011 -6 lbs (2 more down, many many more to go)
June 25, 2011 -9 lbs (3 more down this week. Imagine if I actually exercised!)
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
calluna

Post by calluna »

missyrg wrote:I went out of town for 4 days and did not over eat but gained 8 lbs according to my scale. I just screamed I give up. I need to lose weight but not sure what to do any more since weight watchers is not working. It maybe fluid, I hope. Missy
Congrats to everyone else walking and eating well and losing those lbs. :D
No, don't give up! I am hanging on in there, you need to as well! I had the same problem with weightwatchers.
missyrg

Post by missyrg »

Calluna what did you do? Did you stay on it or try a new program? Missy
calluna

Post by calluna »

With weightwatchers? - this was about 10 years ago now. I got very fed up with it all and left, I do remember that! Back then, there was a significant emphasis on ready meals and processed foods, and not much flexibility, it seemed to me. I think it is a bit different now, but looking at the recipes on the website the portions are tiny. And again, the meals do not look like anything I would want to eat. But maybe that's just me being picky.

I am blaming the lyrica. And I am hoping that if I wait it out, the fluid retention will settle down over the next couple of weeks, side effects often do, don't they? My husband and I are both dieting at the moment, he is losing and I am gaining. :roll: :roll: But then he is not taking lyrica.
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

Thank you Helen!! Trying to stay focused. :)
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(

Return to “SOCIAL DISCUSSIONS & FUN”