symptom progression...

Treatment options for UK & Irish members; including VHI & HSE criteria for funding and E112 Applications etc.
spikehades

symptom progression...

Post by spikehades »

just wanted to check; did everyone start out with tingling which then led to stinging and then to pain? Or were some of you unfortunate enough to go straight to the pain stage. Just want to understand the progression of this illness
calluna

Re: symptom progression...

Post by calluna »

My case may be a bit different as my PN is because of surgery. I started with complete numbness, feeling came back over 2-3 weeks as pain. No tingling/stinging, basically it went straight to pain.
helenlegs 11

Post by helenlegs 11 »

Mine was a sharp onset too, after a fall. Numbness was my first symptom then tingling which I though was a good sign at first, but then shooting and burning pain. Still have constant numbness, the rest develop the more I do.
Fall 2008. Misdiagnosed with lumber spine problem. MRN June 2010 indicated pudendal entrapment at Alcocks canal. Diagnosed with complex variant piriformis syndrome with sciatic, pudendal and gluteal entrapment's by Dr Filler 2010.Guided piriformis botox injection 2011 Bristol. 2013, Nerve conduction test positive; new spinal MRI scan negative, so diagnosed for the 4th time with pelvic nerve entrapment, now recognised as Sciatic, pudendal, PFCN and cluneal nerves at piriformis level.
Faith

Post by Faith »

Mine started out as burning and shooting pain. But my symptoms have progressed the longer I have had pain.
-11/08 vulvodynia began around conception of first & only pregnancy
-3/10 sacral/sitting pain began after SIJD manipulation
-Progressive widespread pain- central sensitization
-PT, meds, injections, botox, ESWT = debilitated.
-5/12 Potter MRI - scarring of left ST, coccygeous & posterior alcock
-12/12 - left FAI/labral hip tear surgery
2014-2019 managed w/ gabapentin, massage, and lifestyle mod
2020 - big flare up
www.thepurposeofpain.blogspot.com

Return to “UK & IRELAND”