Standing Strategies

Here we can discuss difficulties with comfort in sitting and normal living - cushions, bicycle seats, car seats, work stations etc.
donstore

Standing Strategies

Post by donstore »

For the last year, I have carried a shoulder bag with with my IC cushion and my Airgo Active seat cushion inside but lately because of the increasing sitting pain standing on the commuter train has been my only choice. I have found that if you adjust the shoulder strap, you can swing the padded bag around to your lower back and use it to lean against the doors at the end of the car.

Don
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell
Lernica

Re: Standing Strategies

Post by Lernica »

I do this too! It feels great on the sacrum to lean back onto a nice soft cushion.
Athlete until pain started in 2001. Diagnosed with PN in Nov. 2010. Probable cause: 3 difficult labors, 5 pelvic surgeries for endometriosis, and undiagnosed hip injuries. 60% better after 3 rounds of shockwave therapy in Cornwall, Ontario (Dec - Feb/12). 99% better after bilateral hip scopes for FAI and labral tears (April and July/12). Pelvic pain life coach Lorraine Faendrich helped me overcome the mind/body connection to chronic pain: http://www.radiantlifedesign.com
TracyB7777

Post by TracyB7777 »

Great idea!! I stand all day at work at sometimes lean back against the wall but it's not all the comfortable. Never thought to try a pad between me and the wall.
Have been dealing with burning pain since Jan 2010.
No sitting since April 2010.
Seen the following dr's: DO, GYN, Dermatologist, Accupuncturist,
URO GYN (his RN is the one who suggested the pain could be PN), Neurologist
Had ECG and MRI both inconclusive, only the SSEP said Pudendal reaction was abnormal and they lost that test result.
Saw Dr. Castellanos April 6, 2011. Next steps, MRI and botox. Having PT while waiting.-Botox denied, appealing to Insurance company now. :(
Amanda

Post by Amanda »

For nearly 8 years i have carried cushions in a laptop bag, and leaning against a wall is great, I have craved cold walls to get relief until i figured out to take some ice packs so i use them in betwen the cushion and lean on the walls....it takes a little effort but makes special occasions a little more comfortable like concerts etc.
I have become immune to the stares while I unpack my "computer" bag only to reveal two large cushions compressed to their life inside my bag.
PNE started 2003 following Vaginal Hysterectomy, pelvic floor repair and right oophorectomy; eventually after many tests had BilateralTG surgery Nantes 2004; following this tried many other treatments including 7 day epidural, ketamin infusions to no avail; Trialed and was implanted with a Neurostimulator in 2007- Dr Van Buyten Belgium, this has enabled me to manage my pain much better.

Return to “SEATING & PHYSICAL LIFESTYLE ADAPTATIONS”