Posterior Femoral Cutaneus Nerve

Hysterectomy, Ovary Removal, SIJD, Piriformis Syndrome etc
Robyn

Posterior Femoral Cutaneus Nerve

Post by Robyn »

Hello everyone,

I know we've talk about the Posterior Femoral Cutaneous Nerve before but was wondering if anyone has been diagnosised with it as the problem that has caused their sitting pain, which is the burning type pain?

Has anyone had surgery on this nerve? If yes, was it sucessful? How was the post-op?

I know a few of us that have sitting burning pain, find that sitting on hard, flat surfaces gives us NO burning pain, at least for a short time. Have any of you had surgery on the PFCN or any other surgery?

Robyn
VA-USA-6/03 Horseback Accident-Broke Pelvis at Pubic Ramis-Left
By 12/03 had ALL signs of PNE. HORRIBLE BURNING when sitting
24 doctors & image studies found nothing over 7 yrs
Found this site 10/10 At last I had HOPE
PN Block 9/10 ALL areas of burning numb for 24 HRS
2 more blocks-no lasting relief, but numbed all "burning" areas
Pulsed Radio Frequency 01/11 did nothing
Surgery 3/3/11 Dr Dellon Balto, MD - Greatly reduced pain right away. Currrently in post-op healing phase.
KC17

Re: Posterior Femoral Cutaneus Nerve

Post by KC17 »

I have not been formally diagnosed, but it has been suggested to me that this may be a contributing factor in my pain. I do not have burning pain at all, but the area of pain that I do have is suggestive of PFCN irritation or damage. I have been told that it may be communicating with the pudendal nerve thereby creating my PN like symptoms. There is no way to know whether it is the other way around though (PN nerve irritation/damage causing the PFCN pain).

I'm looking forward to other's responses.
Pain started suddenly April 2010.
3T MRI w/ Dr. Potter, January 2011 shows bilateral impingement of the dorsal nerve of the clitoris.

Unsure what to do next because my pelvis is a mess.
nyt

Post by nyt »

When I saw Dr. Dellon he was suspicious that I also my have an entrapment of my PFCN but now official diagnosis. I think we will see more dr.'s talking about the possibility of this nerve also being entrapped and contributing to perineal pain.
2/07 LAVH and TOT 7/07 TOT right side removed 9/07 IL, IH and GN neuropathy 11/07 PN - Dr. Howard
6/08 Obturator neuralgia - Dr. Conway 11/08 Disability, piriformis syndrome - Dr. Howard
4/09 Bilateral obturator decompression surgery, BLL RSD - Dr. Howard
9/10 Removed left side TOT, botox, re-evaluate obturator nerve - Dr. Hibner
2/11 LFCN and saphenous neuralgia - Dr. Dellon 2/11 MRI with Dr. Potter - confirmed entrapment
5/11 Right side TG - Dr. Hibner 2012 Left side TG - Dr. Hibner
merrie

Post by merrie »

What would be symptoms of this nerve being the problem vs the pudendal nerve?
PNE onset 9/2008
Weekly pelvic floor PT since 9/2008
Numerous nerve blocks 2008 - current (pn, s2-s4 epidurals, pelvic/lumbar/splanchnic sympathetic)
PRF s2,3,4 May 2009
Numerous hip injections and trigger point injections
Numerous rounds of botox (first 12/08 - most recent 5/13)
Hibner consult / Kalinkin MRI 11/10
PT with PHRC in May 2013

Return to “ASSOCIATED DISORDERS”