Botox for Pelvic Floor Myalgia - Dr. Lawrence Poree

Botox options, which Doctors use this form of treatment and techniques offered.
AZguy

Botox for Pelvic Floor Myalgia - Dr. Lawrence Poree

Post by AZguy »

Has anyone seen Dr. Lawrence Poree in Aptos, CA? I am a male that responds well to dry needling of my pelvic floor muscles to relieve PN pain. These muscles relax for hours/days after dry needling, but eventually begin to spasm and lock afterwards. I have had dry needling done for over a year now, and believe if I could get the effect of dry needling to last weeks/months, my nervous system may be able to realize that the spasming is not the norm.

At this point, I am willing to give it a go. Dr. Hibner (where I live) is willing to work w/ my PT to establish a male protocol, but I'd rather tyr someone who has done this many times before me :) Stephanie Prendergast's clinic also recommended Dr. Poree. Any thoughts?
Right psoas tear in Feb 2009. Pain in perineum ensued.
Diagnosed w/ PN by Dr. Hibner and Dr. Weiss
MRI w/ Dr. Potter showed scar tissue in pelvic floor, but no definitive entrapments
Have PT every 2 weeks for "Dry needling" of pelvic floor
Exploring botox for pelvic floor dysfunction. Believe PFD is contributing to PN.
Pelvis Stressly

Re: Botox for Pelvic Floor Myalgia - Dr. Lawrence Poree

Post by Pelvis Stressly »

I'm curious about this myself. Do you know specifically what muscle/s they inject? I'm wondering if there's a risk of subsequent urinary incontinence if the muscles are too relaxed...
AZguy

Post by AZguy »

Hey Stressly,

I specifically need to have my levator ani muscles taken care of, but I believe that all the surrounding muscles will have to be addressed at some level to maintain a balance. I can actually visualize my puborectalis based on the tailbone and pubis symphisis pain I am having right now. It all goes away after my PT does dry needling, which hits the pelvic floor, levator ani, OI and superficial perineum. The problem is that it does not maintain this effect for a long period of time, and after a year of dry needling, I want to up my treatment for a more long term approach.

I don't want to have urinary or fecal incontinence, but botox has a finite lifespan, so I may be willing to take the risk.
Right psoas tear in Feb 2009. Pain in perineum ensued.
Diagnosed w/ PN by Dr. Hibner and Dr. Weiss
MRI w/ Dr. Potter showed scar tissue in pelvic floor, but no definitive entrapments
Have PT every 2 weeks for "Dry needling" of pelvic floor
Exploring botox for pelvic floor dysfunction. Believe PFD is contributing to PN.
Violet M

Post by Violet M »

AZ, I haven't been to Dr. Poree but on the old forum there was a woman who recommended him -- so the best I can say is I haven't heard anything bad about him at least.
PNE since 2002. Started from weightlifting. PNE surgery from Dr. Bautrant, Oct 2004. Pain now is usually a 0 and I can sit for hours on certain chairs. No longer take medication for PNE. Can work full time and do "The Firm" exercise program. 99% cured from PGAD. PNE surgery was right for me but it might not be for you. Do your research.
donstore

Post by donstore »

Karen Weissner who posts on TIPNA.org from time to time sees Porree often and loves him. I'm sure she would be willing to share her knowledge about him.
Mild to moderate PN for 5 plus years, pain controlled by lyrica and opiates.
Nerve block (unguided) 9/10 Dr. Jerome Weiss - sciatica for 5 months but got numb in painful perineal/scrotal area - he diagnosed entrapment - but no more cortisone for me
Potter MRI 5/11 - rt STL entrapment of PN at Alcocks
Consult with Dr. Hibner Feb. 2012
Bilateral inguinal hernias diagnosed by dynamic ultrasound - surgery on 6/20/13
Feeling a little better, a few more months will tell

Return to “BOTOX”